Body-inclusive techniques can often move the work forward quickly and deeply.
Our earliest experiences of ourselves and the world, and all important experiences throughout life, are held in the body. These experiences are wired very deeply into our nervous systems.
In order to heal from negative beliefs and experiences we hold about ourselves and others we need to work not only with thoughts and emotions, but also with the body.
Calming the nervous system makes us more able to move forward in our lives in accordance with our values for how we treat ourselves and others, by:
- Lowering stress and anxiety
- Experiencing more enjoyment in one’s own body and in life
- Allowing us the space to approach old problems with fresh vision and renewed vitality
- Helping us make choices, rather than just react to emotions and experiences
- Easing one’s relationship to chronic pain
- Learning to be with all the parts of what is arising in our lives, without having to fight so hard.
- I facilitate this kind of healing using mindfulness meditation; Yoga Nidra; and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, tapping into the body’s wisdom to find new ways of approaching one’s life.